Lightweight and easy to install. A Rally Top gives new life to your Sport Utility Vehicle. With a “Great Look”, your Rally Top, not only increases the value of your SUV, but you’ll notice a quieter ride. Your air-conditioner and heater will be more efficient. You won’t have to worry about somebody cutting your soft top to get to your valuables.
- Highest Quality Textured Exterior Finish
- Our hardtops are painted with a single stage UV resistant paint. White, Black or Tan are standard colors.
- Safety Glass
- The side windows and rear hatch are DOT Approved tempered safety glass.
- Tinted Glass
- The windows and rear hatch are tinted 31% to the maximum allowable by law.
- Fully Carpeted
- The inside of our tops are finished in a mildew resistant gray carpet. This not only looks great, but it helps keep the road noise out.
- Reduced Road and Wind Noises
- Our use of “Weather Guard” drastically cuts the interior noise level. You can carry on a conversation without raising your voice. Your sound systems will sound better.
- Weather Insulated
- Our use of “Weather Guard” also insulates the interior from the outside elements. Your air conditioners and heaters will be much more efficient.
- Rear Hatch Opens with Dual Gas Struts
- Your rear hatch will come up with a flick of the wrist, by extra strong gas props. They are guaranteed to keep your rear hatch up, even during off roading.
- Dual Locking Keyed Rear Hatch
- There is a keyed lock in each corner of the rear hatch.
To Place Order for Hardtops - CALL Jerry@(800) 664-8677
To Ask a Question about Jeep hardtops - E-mail: Jerry(AT)rallytops.com
Your Rally Top will come with all the necessary parts to complete your installation. To safely lift and install this hardtop, you will need the assistance of at least
one other person.
Follow the instructions and perform the steps in the sequence given. Short cuts
to the directions may result in an unsatisfactory installation.
The following instructions are examples of the installation. Please follow the
instructions that are included with your Rally Top.
Jan. 17, 2009
Our first top and doors are out of the mold. Everything has been checked out and we are ready to take orders
for the late model years from 1976-1983.
Nov. 14, 2008
After thinking about it for a while, we came up with a Jeep CJ 5 hardtop design to incorporate the soft half door and the full door. So now you will have both door options. The full doors will be coming along soon. The keyed lock has been installed and we added a storage compartment to the lower part of the door.
Oct. 20, 2008
We started on the hardtop this week. We got a Acme top and doors. First we need to square up the hardtop, redesign the windows, rear door and door openings. I got a set of 2 piece Bestop soft doors and put them on with the hardtop. No way for them to work. So we will concentrate on making a hardtop and a full fiberglass door. Iʼll give you an update in a few weeks.
Oct. 8, 2008
We got us a CJ5! Itʼs a 1981 with a 350 Chevy automatic in it. Itʼs a real screamer. Lots of fun to drive.
Aug. 08 2008
Rally Tops is going to produce a hardtop for the Jeep CJ5ʼs. We are going to start with the Generation 2 model (1976-1983). I need your feedback about this. I get about 10-15 CJ5 guys hitting the site everyday looking for a hardtop. The hardtop is no problem, we have been producing our own hardtops since 1985. The question that I am posing to you is about the doors. As it stands now, Iʼm leaning towards using the Bestop® 2 piece soft door. It can be used as a full door or a half door. It comes complete with the hinges and the latching mechanism. Please call me or email me, with your thoughts, so that we can make the right product for this Great American Legend.
To Place Order for Hardtops - CALL Jerry@
To Ask a Question about Jeep hardtops - E-mail: Jerry(@)rallytops.com
Introduced in 1954 by the Kaiser Corporation, the CJ-5 was based on the Korean War model M-38A1. Nearly 30 years in production, the CJ-5 model outlasted all other Jeep production runs by a comfortable margin. Many Jeep special editions were made over the years. They include The Tuxedo Park, The Camper, The 462, The Renegade 1, The Renegade 2, The Super Jeep and The Golden Eagle.
In 1970, Kaiser Jeep was purchased by American Motors Corporation. The following years, AMC began using their inline 6 cylinder engines and in 1972 they offered a V-8. To accomodate the new engines, the hood was stretched 3". In 1976, the tub and frame were modified slightly from the earlier versions. The windshield frame was also changed, meaning that tops from 1955-1975 will not fit the 1976-1983 Jeep CJ-5s or vice versa.
To Place Order for Hardtops - CALL Jerry@
To Ask a Question about Jeep hardtops - E-mail: Jerry@rallytops.com