Hardtop Type: 2-Piece Removable Sport Hardtop
Truck Model: Chevy Tracker (1999-2004) | Suzuki Vitara (1999-2004)
Hardtop Type: 2-Piece Removable Sport Hardtop
- 4 ea. M6 x 30 Button Head Socket Screws
- 4 ea. 1.0” Flat Washers
- 2 ea. Hold Down Brackets
- 1 ea. Metric Key M4
- 1 ea. Instruction Sheet
- 1 ea. Wire loom / 1 red splice
- 1 ea. Snap in plug
- 2ea. Storage covers
- 2ea. Rear Arms (Assembled on the front section)
- 2ea. Wing Nuts (Assembled on the front section)
- 2ea. 5/16” Flat Washers (Assembled on the front section)
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- 11 mm wrench
- M6 Allen wrench
- 1 tube of silicone sealant
Follow the instructions and perform the steps in the sequence given. Shortcuts to the directions may result in an unsatisfactory installation.
1. Remove the rear soft top. First unzip the side windows. Then pull down on the rear corners to disengage the soft top. Then disengage the front of the soft top and remove.
2. Remove the front soft top. Disengage the two black front clips above the windshield. Fold the soft top back and remove the screws holding the swing arm. The disengage the rear of the soft top and remove.
3. Remove all of the perimeter plastic hardware, with a screw driver.
4. The perimeter should look like this after step 3.
5. Using a Allen wrench, remove the two out side screws on the front section hold-down bracket. Then remove the remaining phillips screws in the bracket and remove the bracket.
6. Remove the plastic covers from the rear bow assembly. Now remove the screws holding the bow assembly and then remove the bow assembly. Save the screws.
7. Using two people install the front section. Make sure the top is placed evenly on the sides. Engage the front cam lock, using moderate pressure. If they are to tight follow the step 9.
8. Install the rear arms on the front section using the 5/8” flat washer and the wing nut. Now tighten both sides.
9. If it takes too much pressure to engage the camlock. Grab the clip on the front section with a vise grips and bent it down a little.
10. Go to the rear tail gate area. Pull this seal off on both sides. It will be cut later.
11. (This step is optional) Remove the back seat before starting the installation. Remove the bolts securing the seat and remove the seat.
12. Pull back the rear door seal. Pry open the side panel trim piece using a flat screw driver.
13. Continue prying along the top of the side panel trim piece.
14. Remove seal belt bolt.
15. Remove these 2 screws.
16. Pull up the door trim and then loosen side panel trim piece.
17. Remove side trim panel. Repeat on the other side.
18. Remove upper seal belt bolt cover. Remove upper seal belt bolt.
19. Unscrew and remove seal belt post cover.
20. Unscrew and remove seal belt post cover.
21. Remove seat belt post. Repeat on other side.
22. Reinstall the side panels. Repeat on other side.
23. Install new storage / cover where the seat belt tower were. Repeat on other side.
24. Reinstall the seat belt bolts and all trim screws. Repeat on other side.
25. Install the hold down bracket. It has slotted screw holes. Loosely tighten the screws with the bracket at the upper end of it’s travel, using the screws that you removed.
26. Using 2 people install the top.
27. Loosen the 2 screws holding the bracket. Now insert the button head screw with the washer into the mounting hole. Get the screw started into the bracket (don’t run it all the way in). Now push the bracket all the way up and tighten the 2 screws.
28. Install the rear bolts with the washers. Tighten down the front and rear screws.
29. Put the rear seal back in place. Now cut the seal flush with the hardtop.
30. Close the tail gate slowly and make sure nothing is touching or interfering.
NOTE: If you are not familiar with electrical systems. You might want to have a professional hook up the brake light. It is helpful to have a continuity tester, to check for bad connections.
31. Remove the 3 bolts holding the third brake light. Undo the connector and poke the wires back into the tail gate. Now reinstall the 3 bolts. From the installation kit, install the rubber plug into the connector hole.
32. Remove the driver side brake light, by removing the 2 bolts.
Quick disconnects to hardtop. Both male.
33. Identify the green wire with the white stripe. It should be the middle wire. You might have to cut the plastic sleeve back to gain access. Now put the splice under the wire and into the metal fork. Now close the splice. It should look like this, when your done.
34. Now open the jack access door. Feed the red wire to the brake light area. Connect the splice to the red male connector. Make sure the connector contact slides into the middle of the splice.
35. Use the self tapping screw to attach the black wire to ground.
36. Now connect the quick disconnects to the quick disconnect on the hardtop and close the access panel. Reinstall the brake light.
You’re done! Enjoy!!!!!!!